Makawao Town Rodeo and Parade
58th annual Makawao Rodeo
* 9 a.m. Thursday (today): The 58th annual Makawao Rodeo at Oskie Rice Arena in Olinda kicks off with qualifying rounds. Admission is free.
* 9 a.m. Friday: Qualifying rounds continue with free admission until the Bull Bash, which starts at 7 p.m. Admission is $15 for adults.
* 1 p.m. Saturday: The rodeo continues with bull riding, team roping, calf roping, mugging and more. Admission $15 adults, $10 seniors and $5 children 11 and younger, free to children 4 and younger.
* 1 p.m. Sunday: Finals will decide the winners.Entry same as Saturday.
48th annual Makawao Paniolo Parade
* 8:45 a.m. Saturday: Road closures BaldwinAvenue at Kaluanui Road; Makawao Avenue at Kokomo Road; Olinda Road at Hanamu Road and Makawao Avenue at Makani Road. Parking is available at Oskie Rice Arena, with free shuttles to the parade and back to the arena area. Parking and shuttle will begin at 7 a.m.
* 8:45 a.m. Saturday: The 48th annual Makawao Paniolo Parade starts with a keiki stick horse race in Makawao Town.
* 9 a.m. Saturday: Parade “Hanohano Na Paniolo Distinguished are the Paniolo,” is the theme of this year’s parade with Grand Marshall Peter Baldwin.
* 11:30 a.m. (approximate): Roads reopen.