Workshops this month in Kahului
Free workshops will be held this month at the Maui County Business Resource Center in the Maui Mall, across from Pizza Hut, according to an announcement from the Mayor’s Office of Economic Development.
Scheduled events include:
* “Copywriting for Marketing your Business,” from noon to 1 p.m. today, provides participants with the essential steps and elements for writing targeted and engaging copy for websites, brochures, email blasts and all business marketing materials. The workshop will be led by Jasmyne Boswell, an author, writing coach, marketing consultant and editor.
* “Is Your Business Ready for the Next Level?,” from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, is for those in need of a training facility, conference room, office space or a commercial kitchen to take the next step in their businesses. Evette Lau, small business counselor at the Pono Center, will discuss Lokahi Pacific’s Pono Center, as well as incubator programs and services available to the community.
* “Pride in Ownership,” from noon to 1 p.m. Friday, will teach participants how to re-ignite pride in their businesses. Workshop leader Chrystal Richardson of CE Wilson Consulting will discuss tips on freshening up business offices, paying more attention to customers, revisiting business branding and remembering the initial passion and vision that drove business people to start their enterprises.
* “Legal Advice for Small Businesses & Protecting your Trademarks and Copyrights,” from noon to 1 p.m. June 25, will help sole proprietors or owners of limited liability corporations learn about matters related to business entities and their legal obligations; and establishing and protecting patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets. Attorneys Roya Deyhim and Shannon Imlay will lead the workshop.
* “Sales Skills 101 – Communicating Your Way to a Better Future,” from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 26, will focus on the single most important aspect of selling- communicating. Longtime sales professional TJ Anderson will lead the session.
* “Build Your Business Through Online Customer Reviews,” from noon to 1 p.m. June 28, will show participants how they can become the most trusted service providers in their respective industries by acquiring five-star customer reviews and referrals. Bob and Josh Sommers will present the workshop.
There’s limited seating for all workshops. To reserve a seat, call 873-8247.