Names & Faces
* Carolyn McNamara has joined The Law Offices of Jan K. Apo.
Obtaining her bachelor’s degree from Indiana Wesleyan University, McNamara pursued a triple major in political science, pre-law and criminal justice.
She started at a law firm as a paralegal and was elevated to a management position. She also started her own home management company.
Kaiser Permanente on Maui welcomes five new physicians. They are:
* Dr. Antony Boody, an orthopedic surgeon, who received his medical degree from Loma Linda University School of Medicine in California. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Loma Linda University Medical Center, where he served as chief resident. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and is board certified in orthopedic surgery. He will work out of the Wailuku office.
* Dr. Margot Crandall, who is board certified in internal medicine and will join the hospital medicine department on Maui, caring for Kaiser Permanente patients hospitalized at Maui Memorial Medical Center. She previously practiced with the Colorado Permanente Medical Group at Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver. Crandall earned her medical degree from the University of Vermont College of Medicine in Burlington, Vt., and completed her residency in internal medicine at Tucson Hospitals Medical Education Program in Arizona.
* Dr. Anna Martinez, who is board certified in internal medicine and will join the Maui Lani office internal medicine department. She earned her medical degree from the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine and completed her residency at Olive View-UCLA Medical Center.
* Dr. Deepa Sharma, who will practice family medicine at the Maui Lani office. She earned her doctor of osteopathic medicine from Nova Southeastern University College of Medicine in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., and completed her residency in family medicine at Overlook Medical Center in Summit, N.J. Sharma is board certified in family medicine and is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
* Dr. Kaumakaokalani Shimatsu, a graduate of Kamehameha Schools Kapalama, who will practice internal medicine at the Maui Lani office. She received her medical degree from the University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine and completed her internal medicine residency at the University of California, Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, Calif., and is board certified in internal medicine.
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa announced the appointments of Toni Rojas, as director of catering and event management, and Carol Schwarz, director of front office.
Rojas will oversee the resort’s catering and event services, including weddings and meetings. She most recently owned and operated The Sterling Performance Group, a boutique sales, marketing, meeting management and event production company. Rojas also has served as director of sales for Maui Visitors Bureau/Hawaii Visitors and Conventions Bureau as well as in the catering and convention services departments for Prince Resorts Hawaii, Maui Inter-Continental Resort and Kapalua Bay Hotel and Villas.
Schwarz will oversee the guest services operations including front desk, telephone operators and front services.
Schwarz previously was the director of hotel operations at the Downtown Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. She has served as hotel manager for Palms Place Hotel Condo and Spa and has held leadership positions at The Four Seasons Hotels in Las Vegas and Newport Beach, Calif.