Outstanding Maui Filipino leaders will be honored
Maui Filipino Chamber of Commerce has announced the eight recipients of the Gintong Pamana Leadership Awards to honor outstanding leadership and contribution to the community.
The eight award recipients are:
* Danny Agsalog, director of the County of Maui’s Finance Department. He is also a businessman and radio personality.
* Arleen Atienza Ricalde-Garcia, a physician from Maui Medical Group who started the Women Making a Difference Program on Maui.
* Florante Garcia, a successful self-employed insurance agency owner and community organizer. She chaired the annual Barrio Fiesta over the Memorial Day weekend.
* Reynaldo Golino, a retired educator who serves the community as church volunteer.
* Helen Y. Giron, a branch manager of First Hawaiian Bank and volunteer advocate.
* Mark Paranada, a Maui County fire captain of 18 years. He is currently with Skyline Eco-Adventures.
* Sheldon Simeon, finalist and fan favorite in Bravo’s 2013 TV program “Top Chef: Seattle.”
* Cornelia Soberano, a community organizer and senior social worker with the state Judiciary.
The awardees will be honored during a Gintong Pamana Leadership and Scholarship Awards Banquet at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Maui Beach Hotel. Tickets are available at $50 each. For tickets, call 359-1616.