Panel to address Maui agricultural opportunities
Food security, productive farmland and agricultural entrepreneurs are some of the topics that will be discussed at a presentation called Ag4Maui at 6 p.m. Tuesday. The event will take place in the University of Hawaii Maui College multipurpose room in the Pilina building.
A panel of agricultural experts will discuss topics ranging from gardening to full-scale farming on Maui.
Organizations will be represented by the following speakers:
* Maui College Agricultural Associates Degree Program & New Farmers Network – Cynthia Nazario-Leary
* Maui Master Gardeners & Maui College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources – Lorraine Brooks
* Maui Farmers Union – Evan Ryan
* Maui School Garden Network – Lehn Huff
* Malama Maui Nui (formerly Community Work Day Program) School Garden Project – Rebekah Kuby
* Maui County Farm Bureau – Warren Watanabe
* Maui Affordable Farming Project – Dale Bonar
* Career and Technical Training Grant Non-credit Agricultural Certificate Trainings – Melanie Stephens
* Landlink – Kenneth Yamamura
People interested in the health and development of Maui farmers are invited to attend, according to an announcement. Questions will be welcomed and encouraged. For more information, call Nazario-Leary at 984-3752 or email email@example.com.