Rotary Foundation Global Scholar will speak to clubs
Sara Stuart, a Rotary Foundation Global Scholar, will make visits to the nine Maui Rotary Clubs next week.
Stuart was selected by Rotary International to pursue a master’s degree in environmental science at Victoria University in Wellington, New Zealand. She will begin her studies in the spring.
Stuart’s background is botany, and she attended the University of Hawaii at Manoa for her undergraduate degree. She has worked in natural resource management and ecosystem restoration for six years cumulatively.
Stuart will be the keynote speaker during the meetings at the Rotary Clubs listed below. She will share a PowerPoint presentation about her current position and upcoming studies.
* Noon Monday, Rotary Club of Kahului, Cafe O’Lei at the Dunes at Maui Lani.
* 7 a.m. Tuesday, Rotary Club of Lahaina Sunrise, Pioneer Inn, Lahaina.
* 7:30 a.m. Oct. 9, Rotary Club of Kihei Sunrise, The Five Palms Restaurant, Kihei.
* Noon Oct. 9, Rotary Club of Kihei Wailea, Mulligans on the Blue Restaurant, Wailea.
* 7 a.m. Oct. 10, Rotary Club of Wailuku, Vineyard Food Co., Wailuku.
* Noon Oct. 10, Rotary Club of Lahaina, The Royal Ocean Terrace Restaurant at the Royal Lahaina Resort.
* 5:30 p.m. Oct. 10, Rotary Clubs of Valley Isle Sunset and Maui, Bistro Casanova Restaurant, Kahului.
* 8 a.m. Oct. 11, Rotary Club of Upcountry, Casanova Italian Restaurant and Deli in Makawao.
For more information about the Rotary Clubs on Maui contact Assistant Governors Joanne Laird at 757-0981 or Hugh Chare at 268-2741.