Doctor will discuss steps to control diabetes, chronic pain and cancer
“Diabetes, Pain and Cancer: Get Your Health Back in 10 Days,” a presentation by Terry Shintani, M.D., will take place at 7 p.m. Jan. 12 at Kaunoa Senior Center in Spreckelsville.
Shintani will present information on the connections between diabetes, chronic pain and cancer and steps to control these conditions.
Topics will include the following:
• What may be causing diabetes and cancer epidemics?
• What do diabetes, cancer, arthritis and Alzheimer’s have in common?
• Five “health foods” that are not healthy.
• How to control weight by eating more.
• How to control blood sugar by eating more carbs.
Admission to this Vegetarian Society of Hawaii event is free; no reservations are needed.
Kaunoa Center is on the Hana Highway at 401 Alakapa Place. Food will be provided by Down to Earth. For more information, contact 385-2790 or firstname.lastname@example.org.