Court of Honor for 5 new Eagle Scouts
The Wailuku Hongwanji Mission Troop 40 Eagle Scout Court of Honor was held on April 15 at the mission. Five Scouts achieved the rank of Eagle. They are:
• Dyllon Oishi-Mochida, son of Rai Mochida and the late David Oishi. His Eagle project consisted of removal and rebuilding of an existing concrete walkway and ramp to make it Americans With Disabilities Act compliant for the disabled from Luuwai parking lot to the Wailuku Hongwanji Temple.
• Ian Roth, son of Kelly (Mike) Kim and James (Moka) Roth. For his Eagle project, he built benches, picnic tables, and jump trainers for Aloha Volleyball Association Haleakala Courts.
• Mitchell Grey, son of Jeremy and Kim Grey. His Eagle project consisted of repainting and re-striping handicapped/regular parking stalls at University of Hawaii Maui College.
• Isaac Kaleo Pena, son of Isaac Pena Parrilla and LeeAnn Pena-Araki. For his Eagle project, he refinished and painted windows/grates and replaced and installed an air-ventilation system in the Baldwin High School JROTC building.
• Wesley Sakutori, son of Wayne and Karen Sakutori. His Eagle project consisted of building two 8-foot benches along the pickup area of the Maui High School student parking lot.
For more information regarding Wailuku Hongwanji Scouts program, contact the mission at 244-0406.