Planning for succession of a business is theme of seminar
The Maui Chamber of Commerce will host the seminar “2017 How to Grow and Strengthen your Business for Future Generations” on Wednesday at the Maui Beach Hotel. The seminar is sponsored by The Rand Group, HighTower Advisors. Registration begins at 1 p.m. with the seminar from 1:30 to 5 p.m., followed by a cocktail reception with light refreshments.
This seminar is designed to help business owners understand the issues surrounding succession. Whether looking to transition in six months or 10 years from now, this seminar will give business owners the foundation needed to make educated decisions for the future of their companies. Industry professionals will answer questions on topics including:
• Hawaii business trends and family succession planning.
• Third-party sales and how to have a successful transition.
• Business valuations, how a business is valued and what companies can do to improve their value.
• Best practices surrounding current leases and the sale of commercial real estate.
• Tax implications of selling a business.
This seminar will also feature a panel comprised of local bankers who will answer questions on how to improve a business, limit its risk and what bankers look for in providing capital for a transaction.
The cost to attend is $65 for chamber members and $75 for nonmembers. Register online at mauichamber.com or contact the Maui Chamber of Commerce at 244-0081 for more information.