Association will recognize Maui’s leaders
Leadership award nominees will be recognized and the recipient of each award will be announced at the annual Maui Non-Profit Directors Association Meeting and Leadership Awards event at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 19 at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center. The keynote speaker will be Lt. Gov. Shan Tsutsui.
The nominees are as follows:
Individuals who freely give of time, talent and treasure to Maui nonprofits.
• Wendy Rice Peterson — nominated by Paula Ambre, The Maui Farm.
• Bard Peterson — nominated by David Daly, Maui Economic Opportunity Inc.
• William T. Kinaka — nominated by Suzanne Antounian, Maui Adult Day Care Centers.
• Lolita Barona — nominated by Nancy La Joy, Pacific Cancer Center.
• William “Bill” Staton — nominated by Bevanne Bowers, Maui Mediation Services.
• Tom Lueteneker — nominated by Jud Cunningham, Aloha House/Maui Youth and Family Services/Malama Family Recovery Center.
• Keoki Freeland — nominated by Erin Woodbridge, Hui No’eau Visual Arts Center.
Community Business Awards
Businesses that support Maui nonprofits in philanthropic projects.
• AXA Advisors — nominated by Gay Sibonga, MEO.
• Atlas Insurance — nominated by Jud Cunningham, Aloha House.
• Na Hoaloha ‘Ekolu Ltd. (Old Lahaina Luau) — nominated by Erin Woodbridge, Hui No’eau Visual Arts Center, and Paul Tonnessen, Friends of the Children’s Justice Center.
• Nalu’s South Shore Grille — nominated by Nancy La Joy, Pacific Cancer Center.
• Pau Maui Vodka, LeVecke Corp. — nominated by Nancy La Joy, Pacific Cancer Center.
Maui County’s Outstanding Nonprofit Executive Director
Nonprofit executives are recognized for their leadership, vision and improving programs and services.
• Wes Lo — nominated by Donna McCleary, M.D., Hale Makua Health Services.
• Caroline Killhour — nominated by Sarah Bredhoff, Hui No’eau Visual Arts Center.
• Andrea Hall Rogers — nominated by Susan Graham, La’akea Foundation.
The event is open to the public but all attendees must register online by Oct. 11 at www.meoinc.org. The cost is $30 per person; MNPD members and nominees will be admitted for free but must RSVP online.
For more information, email email@example.com or contact MNPD President Debbie Cabebe at 249-2990.