Construction work planned on roadways
The state Department of Transportation announced roadwork will be conducted this week in the following areas:
* There will be a single-lane closure on Hana Highway in the eastbound direction between Milepost 10.4, in the vicinity of Garden of Eden, and Milepost 16, in the vicinity of Keanae Peninsula Road, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. today through Friday for road maintenance.
* Ocean erosion repairs will continue on Honoapiilani Highway in the area of Launiupoko State Park, shifting lanes mauka. Speed limits are reduced in the work zone. Motorists are advised to expect delays.
* There will be continuous alternating lane closures on Honoapiilani Highway in both directions between Leialii Parkway and Kapunakea Street for sewer maintenance and repairs.
* Pavement resurfacing will cause single-lane closures in both directions on Honoapiilani Highway between Kai Hele Ku Street and North Kihei Road from 10 p.m to 5:30 a.m. today through Friday.
* Single-lane closures will occur on Honoapiilani Highway in both directions between Papalaua Road and Kapunakea Road from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. today through Friday for pavement striping.
* There will be lane closures on Honoapiilani Highway in both directions between Keoawa Street and Kaukini Loop from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. today through Friday for utility maintenance.
* Drivers will experience alternating single-lane closures on Kahekili Highway in both directions between Milepost 36, in the vicinity of Honokohau Bay, and Milepost 42, in the vicinity of Papanahoa Gulch, from 8:30 a.m to 3 p.m today through Friday for drainage cleaning. Traffic will be contraflowed using the remaining open lane.