Road projects set for Maui
The state Department of Transportation announced that roadwork is scheduled for the following areas on Hana and Honoapiilani highways this week:
* There will be a single-lane closure on Hana Highway in the eastbound direction between Milepost 10.4, in the vicinity of Garden of Eden, and Milepost 16, in the vicinity of Keanae Peninsula Road, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. today through Friday for road maintenance.
* Ocean erosion repairs will continue on Honoapiilani Highway in the area of Launiupoko State Park, shifting lanes mauka. Speed limits are reduced in the work zone. Motorists are advised to expect delays.
* There will be continuous alternating lane closures on Honoapiilani Highway in both directions between Leialii Parkway and Kapunakea Street for road installation, maintenance and repairs.
* There will be lane closures on Honoapiilani Highway in both directions between Keoawa Street and Kaukini Loop from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. today through Friday for utility maintenance.
* Pavement resurfacing will cause alternating single-lane closures in both directions on Honoapiilani Highway between Olowalu Village Road and Maalaea Boat Harbor Road from 10 p.m to 5:30 a.m. today through Friday. Traffic will be contraflowed using the open lane. Motorists are advised to anticipate delays.