The state Department of Transportation has announced roadwork will take place on Hana, Honoapiilani and Kahekili highways this week. Unless otherwise indicated, there will be no road closures Thursday, due to the Independence Day holiday:
* There will be a single-lane closure on Hana Highway in the eastbound direction between Milepost 10.4, in the vicinity of Garden of Eden, and Milepost 16, in the vicinity of Keanae Peninsula Road, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. through Friday for slope stabilization work.
* Ocean erosion repairs will continue on Honoapiilani Highway in the area of Launiupoko State Park, shifting lanes mauka. Speed limits are reduced in the work zone. Motorists are advised to expect delays.
* The right lane of the northbound Honoapiilani Highway between Lower Honoapiilani Road and Leialii Parkwa will be closed from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. through Friday for utility installations.
* Pavement resurfacing will cause alternating single-lane closures in both directions on Honoapiilani Highway between Olowalu Village Road and Maalaea Boat Harbor Road from 10 p.m to 5:30 a.m. through Friday. Traffic will be contraflowed using the open lane. Motorists are advised to anticipate delays.
* There will be alternating single-lane closures in both directions on Kahekili Highway between Milepost 36, in the vicinity of Honokohau Bay, and Milepost 42, in the vicinity of Papanahoa Gulch, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m Wednesday through Friday for drainage cleaning. Traffic will be contraflowed using the open lane.