Feedback sought for county’s ’15 budget
The administration of Mayor Alan Arakawa has scheduled community meetings this month and in October for residents to provide feedback on the drafting of the county’s fiscal 2015 budget.
A few of the meetings include hearings for the county’s community development block grant program, as noted. The locations, times and dates include:
* Paia Community Center, 6 p.m. Tuesday.
* Velma McWayne Santos Community Center in Wailuku, 5:45 p.m. Thursday for a community development block grant hearing and 6 p.m. for a budget meeting.
* Lahaina Civic Center, 6 p.m. Sept. 16.
* Helene Hall, Hana, 5:45 p.m. Sept. 17 for a community development block grant hearing and 6 p.m. for a budget meeting.
* Lanai Senior Center, 5:45 p.m. Sept. 24 for a community development block grant hearing and 6 p.m. for a budget meeting.
* Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center, Pukalani, 6 p.m. Sept. 26.
* Kihei Community Center, 6 p.m. Oct. 1.
* Mitchell Pauole Center, Kaunakakai, 5:45 p.m. Oct. 10 for a community development block grant hearing and 6 p.m. for a budget meeting.
“Feedback from these meetings provides valuable direction for us,” Arakawa said in an announcement.
He urged residents to “take some time out of their busy schedules to share their thoughts on how we create a balanced budget that addresses county services while remaining fiscally responsible.”
Residents also are encouraged to fill out an online survey prior to attending the meetings. The survey will help notify meeting organizers about the priorities in each community.
The survey can be found on the Maui County website at www.mauicounty.gov. On the lower left-hand side, look for “2013 Community Survey.”