County facilities the topic of a series of county meetings
The county Department of Parks and Recreation will host a series of community meetings to discuss proposed permitting and scheduling improvements for the use of county facilities, an announcement said Friday.
The department is restructuring its permitting process and facility maintenance program to provide higher-quality facilities and opportunities for youth, special-needs individuals, senior citizens and adult leagues and organizations in Maui County.
Officials have already begun to meet with organizations that use county facilities for nonexclusive youth programs, as well as with high school athletic directors and other various youth sports organizations.
Organizers and participants of adult leagues, tournaments and special events who use county facilities regularly or community members interested at providing feedback are encouraged to attend one of the following meetings:
* Tuesday, 5 p.m. at the Waikapu Community Center.
* Wednesday, 5 p.m. at the Lahaina Civic Center.
* Thursday, 5 p.m. in the Old Hana School cafeteria.
* Feb. 25, 4:30 p.m. at the Lanai Community Center.
* Feb. 26, 5 p.m. at the Mayor Eddie Tam Social Hall at Makawao.
* March 4, 5 p.m. at the Paia Community Center.
* March 5, 5 p.m. at the Velma McWayne Santos Community Center in Wailuku.
* March 6, 5 p.m. at the Kihei Community Center.
* March 18, 5 p.m. at the Kualapu’u Community Center on Molokai.
For more information, contact Deputy Parks Director Brianne Savage at email@example.com.