Hawaiian’s ‘Ohana ready for takeoff
‘Ohana by Hawaiian Airlines is ready to take flight daily between Honolulu International Airport and Molokai and Lanai next month, and tickets are available for purchase.
Three daily flights to Molokai will launch March 11 and twice-daily service to Lanai will begin March 18, according to an announcement Monday.
The airline is offering a special fare of $59 each way for tickets booked through Monday for travel to either destination by April 17.
Daily flights to and from Molokai are scheduled to begin March 11 (unless otherwise noted):
* Honolulu to Molokai, departs 7 a.m., arrives 7:25 a.m. (begins March 12).
* Molokai to Honolulu, departs 8:05 a.m., arrives 8:30 a.m. (begins March 12).
* Honolulu to Molokai, departs 12:15 p.m., arrives 12:40 p.m. (begins March 12).
* Molokai to Honolulu, departs 1:20 p.m., arrives 1:45 p.m.
* Honolulu to Molokai, departs 5:30 p.m., arrives 5:55 p.m.
* Molokai to Honolulu, departs 6:35 p.m., arrives 7 p.m.
Daily flights to and from Lanai are scheduled to begin March 18:
* Honolulu to Lanai, departs 9:30 a.m., arrives 10 a.m.
* Lanai to Honolulu, departs 10:40 a.m., arrives 11:10 a.m.
* Honolulu to Lanai, departs 2:40 p.m., arrives 3:10 p.m.
* Lanai to Honolulu, departs 3:50 p.m., arrives 4:20 p.m.
The ATR-42 turboprop aircraft, operated by Empire Airlines, will be able to carry 48 passengers and will operate out of gates 49 and 50 at Honolulu International Airport.
The new interisland service creates more than 100 Hawaii-based jobs in various areas of air transportation, including pilots, flight attendants and mechanics as well as ground-handling and customer service positions, the news release said.
HawaiianMiles members will be able to earn or redeem miles for award travel on all ‘Ohana by Hawaiian flights. For more information or to book flights, visit hawaiianairlines.com.