Council committee plans meetings in April
The Maui County Council’s Budget and Finance Committee will hold evening meetings throughout Maui County in April to receive community input on the county’s 2014-15 budget.
“It is in your best interest to speak out and inform your elected officials how tax dollars should be spent. I encourage everyone to participate because after all, it is your money,” said Committee Chairman Mike White.
The meetings will begin at 6 p.m. Except for the April 17 meeting at Lihikai Elementary School in Kahului, which will begin at 6:30 p.m.
The meetings are as follows:
* April 2, Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center, Pukalani, for the Upcountry district of Pukalani, Kula and Ulupalakua.
* April 4, Lanai Senior Center, Lanai District.
* April 7, Lahaina Civic Center, West Maui District.
* April 9, Paia Community Center, Makawao, Haiku, Paia District.
* April 11, Kalanianaole Hall, Kalamaula, Molokai; Molokai District.
* April 14, Kihei Community Center, South Maui District.
* April 17, Lihikai Elementary School cafeteria, Wailuku, Waihee, Waikapu and Kahului Districts.
* April 22, Helene Social Hall, Hana; East Maui District, Hana, Keanae and Kailua.
The committee also will conduct budget meetings in the Council Chamber in the Kalana O Maui building on most days beginning Monday through May 2.
For more information on meeting dates, see mauicounty.gov/2015Budget.