Damage, loss of contents at $11,500 in Kahului fire

An accidental shed fire at a Kahului residence left $2,500 in damage to the structure and $9,000 in losses to its contents on Monday afternoon, Fire Services Chief Lee Mainaga said.

Kahului and Wailuku firefighters responded to the 3:03 p.m. alarm, he said. When they arrived on the scene, they found a 10-by-5-foot shed about 75 percent engulfed in flames.

The fire was brought under control in a few minutes, Mainaga said.

He added that a fire inspector determined the fire’s cause was accidental. There were no reported injuries.