Kaiser names leadership team
The Maui News
Kaiser Permanente’s Maui Health System on Friday announced its Maui County public hospital leadership team, with Ray Hahn as hospital administrator.
The new head of Maui Memorial Medical Center and Kula and Lanai Community hospitals has more than a decade of health care experience and most recently served as interim hospital administrator for Kaiser Permanente’s Moana-lua Medical Center on Oahu.
He oversaw all operations for the 295-bed hospital and clinic. Prior to that, Hahn was chief operating officer of the Kaiser Permanente Fontana and Ontario Medical Centers in California.
The rest of his team, announced the day before Kaiser officially took over operational control of the Maui County public hospitals, includes:
• Joyce Tamori, chief financial officer. She will provide financial oversight for Maui Health System. Born and raised on Maui, she most recently served as Maui Memorial Medical Center’s chief financial officer and prior to that was CFO of Hale Makua Health Services for 14 years.
• Traci Ing, chief administrative officer. She will oversee administrative functions for Maui Health System. Born and raised on Maui, she has worked for Maui Memorial Medical Center for nearly 15 years and most recently served as chief operating officer.
• Gary Kienbaum, chief nursing executive. He will oversee the nursing department and day-to-day patient care. He joins the Maui Health System team with 37 years of nursing experience, including 15 years with Kaiser Permanente Hawaii, most recently serving as the interim chief nurse executive at Moanalua Medical Center.
• Tamara Koller, director of compliance operations. She will oversee compliance and privacy matters and serve as the interim security officer and the civil rights coordinator. She has more than 30 years of experience in regulatory compliance and has been at Maui Memorial Medical Center since 2005, most recently as regional compliance and privacy officer.
• Paul Harper-O’Connor, assistant administrator for quality, safety and performance. A registered nurse, Harper-O’Connor will oversee patient safety, quality, accreditation, licensing, risk, care experience, medical staff services and performance improvement for Maui Health System. He has served as the quality and continuous improvement officer for Maui Memorial Medical Center for the past 12 years.
• Jacqueline “Jackie” Levy, assistant administrator for clinical services. A registered nurse with 42 years’ experience, she will oversee clinical services. Levy has a combination of hospital operations and ambulatory care experience and joins Maui Health System after spending seven years as director of emergency services at Kaiser Permanente’s San Diego Medical Center.
• Brian Coogan, director of information technology. He most recently served as the manager of informatics at Maui Memorial Medical Center and is an integral part of the transition team, overseeing information technology during the transfer to Maui Health System.