To have your class, workshop or presentation listed, e-mail information 10 days prior to publication to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit it to The Maui News Virtual Newsroom at www.mauinews.com; in writing to The Maui News, Ahead of the Class, 100 Mahalani St., Wailuku 96793; or fax to 242-9087. Inclusion does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News. Items will be listed once only.
* Maui Community College classes. MCC's VITEC program offers courses in adult education on the Kahului campus. For details or to register, call 984-3231. Michael Gilbert will teach "Photographic Lighting" from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. Cost is $59. Frances Ku will teach "Roaring Waves in Watercolor" from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday. Cost is $44. Walt Tokishi will teach "Decrease Your Foreign Accent" from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Mondays and Wednesday from May 4 to June 3. Cost is $149. Michael Gilbert will teach "Printing for Photographers" from 6 to 8 p.m. May 5. Cost is $34.
* Business class. Richard Lightfoot will teach a free class titled "How to Start a Business, Local Style" from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Maui County Business Resource Center in Maui Mall. Attendees are asked to bring their own lunch. Space is limited and reservations are required by calling 873-8247.
* Dogomba dance workshops. The Nada Brahma Foundation will present traditional Dogomba dance workshops with renown virtuoso Sulley Imoro from Ghana from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday and 3 to 5 p.m. Saturday at Makawao Union Church Community Hall. Cost is $20. Advance registration is recommended by calling (603) 397-0101 or e-mail email@example.com. For more information, visit www.sulleyimoro.com.
* Hawaiian calendar class. Kapi'olani Lyons Na'one will present "Hawaiian Calendar Class" from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursdays, beginning this week to May 28, at Honolua Village Center's Kukui Room on Office Road in Kapalua Resort. Cost is $99; 15 percent discount for seniors, 50 percent discount for Maui Land and Pineapple employees. Seating is limited. Reservations are recommended by calling 214-7910 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Watercolor classes. Barbara Steinberg will teach a plein air watercolor class from 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays, beginning this week, at Kamaole Beach I in Kihei. Cost is $140 for four two-hour classes. She will also teach a beginning watercolor class from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. May 8 at Kalama Heights Retirement Residence Garden Room, 101 Kanani Road in Kihei. Cost is $150 for six two-hour classes. To register or for more information, call 879-0025.
* Massage classes. Maui School of Therapeutic Massage will present the following classes. To register or for details, call 572-1888 or e-mail email@example.com. Kurt Miyajima will teach "Chi Gung" from 5 to 6 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning May 6. Cost is $69 per month, plus tax. Georgi Abelenda and Ashaman Gray will teach "Anatomy Through Movement" from 1 to 5 p.m. Thursdays, May 7 to 28. Cost is $215, plus tax. Ashaman Gray will teach "Nuad Bo Rarn - Traditional Thai Yoga Massage from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. May 23 and 24 and May 30 and 31. Cost is $450, plus tax. A free introductory class will be from 6 to 8 p.m. May 8. Gray will also teach a two-day "Thai Table Stretching" class from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 9 and 10. Cost is $225, plus tax.
* Dance classes. Rita O'Conner of Private Image Dance Studio will present a four-week kids and teen dance class featuring swing, salsa, cha-cha and meringue, beginning at noon Saturday at Kihei Community Center Aquatics Room. Beginners are welcome; no partner needed. Cost is $10 per class. Students pre-paying for four weeks get the fifth week free. No pre-registration is necessary, but a parental consent release form is required. For more information, call 891-8747 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.