* Personal: Age 16; son of Randy and Louise Manley of Kalae, Molokai; enjoys playing the guitar, surfing and movie-editing.
* At School: Wrestling, cross country, track, Leo Club, MEPO (Molokai Environmental Preservation Organization), student body vice president, Principal's Honors List (4.0 or higher grade-point average).
* Off Campus: Participates in youth group and started youth band at Molokai Baptist Church, Molokai Wrestling Club.
Colton R. Manley
* Beyond High School: Plans to go to college on the Mainland, then return to Hawaii.
* What do you think is the biggest problem facing youth today?
"I think one of the biggest problems facing youth today is lack of sight for the future. So many youths these days don't think about how things will affect them in the future. They only have the mind to see what the immediate effects are. Youth tend to only see the immediate satisfaction in situations instead of the long-term satisfaction, which may not be the easiest thing to do at the present moment. By the time they realize what they need to do for the future, it's already too late. Youths don't plan on being adults so soon."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.