* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Gerald and Joy Yokouchi of Wailuku; enjoys running, spending time with family and friends, skimboarding and poetry.
* At School: Student government vice president; SCHWA, Aloha Club, Graduation Committee, Project Hooulu (campus beautification), cross country, paddling and track and field.
* Off Campus: Maui Sons & Daughters of the Nisei Veterans Chrysanthemum Festival participant; volunteer with the Maui Marathon and Wailuku Union Preschool.
Bree Chiemi Yokouchi
* Beyond High School: Attend a four-year college majoring in either communications or psychology.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero is my mother, Joy Yokouchi. My mom guides my brother and me toward the positive steps we need to take in life. She is a caring, loving and hardworking person who is a leader that takes initiative. Those are some of the inspirational traits that I possess and want to carry on as I become an adult. She is my best friend and the spark that helps me light the fire to reach my future goals and achievements in life."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.