HONOLULU - The office of Sen. Daniel Inouye provided a list of projects to be funded in the Senate Appropriations Committee bill that passed out of House-Senate conference with affirmative votes of both Hawaii senators, Inouye and Daniel Akaka.
The largest amount is $68.5 million for construction of an Aegis Ashore missile defense test facility at the Pacific Missile Range Facility on Kauai. The total for all Hawaii projects is $387 million. Other appropriations include:
* Ka Hale A Ke Ola Homeless Shelter in Wailuku, $487,000.
* Kahale Mua Public Housing on Molokai Improvement Project, $389,600.
* Native Hawaiian Block Grant Program. $13 million.
* Maui Community College Remote Rural Hawaii Job Training Project, $2.3 million.
* MCC Training and Education Opportunities, $2 million.
* Maui Economic Development Board Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Training, $450,000.
* MEDB Rural Computer Utilization Training, $300,000.
* Emergency Medical Services for Children, $22 million.
* Native Hawaiian Health Care, $14.2 million.
* Hansen's Disease, $1,976,000.
* Molokai Ohana Health Center, $750,000.
* Lanai Community Health Center, $200,000.
* MEDB Lanai Women's Initiative, $100,000
* Maui Medical Center Simulation Center, $100,000.
* Native Hawaiian Education, $34.3 million.
* Native Alaskan and Native Hawaiian Higher Education, $7,542,000.
* Native Hawaiian Vocational Education, $3,179,235.
* MEDB Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Training, $800,000.
* Henry Kuualoha Giugni Archives at University of Hawaii, $500,000.
* Polynesian Voyaging Society/Hokulea, $300,000.
* Hawaiian Sea Turtles and Incidental Take, $7.8 million.
* Hawaiian Monk Seals, $4 million.
* Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology Coral Research, $2,250,000.
* Hawaii Coral Reef Initiative, $1 million.
* East-West Center, $23 million.