* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Richard and Isabella Bissen of Kahului, and Corey Hanaike and Reiko Iseri of Kula; enjoys spending time with family and friends, going to the beach, volleyball, soccer, football, kick boxing, music, Hawaiian language and culture.
* At School: Associated Students of King Kekaulike High School vice president, School Community Council student representative, golf, Hawaiian Language Immersion Program papa alaka'i, Key Club, student senator.
* Off Campus: Hawaiian Language Award, Miss Hawaii USA Teen Pageant; 1st runner-up/Miss Congeniality, Miss Solid Wahine Pageant; Boys and Girls Club of Maui at Kahekili Terrace helper, Relay For Life participant, Lanakila Volleyball Academy coach's assistant, Haruru Toa (Tahitian).
Sweetheart Kaanohipuaokala Eleneki
* Beyond High School: Short-term goal - To attend the University of Hawaii at Manoa and pursue a degree in Hawaiian studies. Long-term goal- Assist people "by figuring out what is in Hawaiian medicinal plants that cures, in order to sustain the health of a race that once thrived."
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero is my grandmother, Vivian Kekulukamakaohiohionalani Eleneki. She is a woman of courage, strength, grace and love. By raising 11 children, then grandchildren, great-grandchildren and even great-great-grandchildren, her legacy has truly been left for years to come. The example set by her is truly an amazement. For that reason, my grandmother is an extraordinary woman."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.