* Personal: Age 17; son of Jesse and Elena Quitoriano of Lahaina; enjoys spending time with family, hanging out with friends, listening to music, going to the beach, drawing, sketching and painting.
* At School: Senior class president, Distributive Education Clubs of America, Aloha Club, Interact Club, morning announcements, Health Occupations Students of America president, Junior Prom Co-chairman, School Community Council student representative, volleyball, sophomore class president, freshman class vice president, Rally for America participant.
* Off Campus: Fourth-grade volunteer tutor, Maria Lanakila Church youth ministry, Lahaina beach clean-up volunteer, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards participant and facilitator, Lahaina Relay For Life participant, Fourth of July Front Street volunteer, Maui Marathon volunteer.
* Beyond High School: Hopefully attend a four-year university on the West Coast and pursue a career as a cardiology technician or physical therapist.
* Who is your personal hero and why? "My parents. Both of my parents are hardworking and supportive toward my younger brother and me. My mom works 10-hour days, and my dad juggles two jobs. But despite their loyalty to their work, they're still committed to the family. Both of my parents make sure that we are properly fed and given a bed to sleep in, and that education comes first. They have given me love and support that motivate me to reach for my dreams and to help them one day like they've helped me. They've helped mold me to become a young man, and I'm thankful that God has blessed me with two of the greatest people on earth."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.