* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Paz and Albert Antonio of Kaunakakai; enjoys scrap booking and card making, baby sitting, going to the beach, drawing and spending time with family and friends.
* At School: Leadership Experience Opportunity (LEO) Club, Molokai Environmental Preservation Organization, junior class treasurer, Junior Prom Committee chairwoman, participant in Short-Term Education Program for Underrepresented Persons (STEP-UP) summer program.
* Off Campus: Church cleanups and REAL (youth against tobacco use).
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend University of Hawaii at Manoa and become a pediatrician.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My parents have always been my personal heroes due to the love and support they have given me throughout my life. They have instilled in me that determination and perseverance pay off. Without them, I would not be who I am today. From their example I have learned that anything is possible regardless of the obstacles that might prevent my continued success in school and life."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.