ALAN K.T. AMBY
* Lanai High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.0
Alan K.T. Amby
* SPORTS: Cross country, canoe paddling
* FAMILY: Alan P. Amby and Wendy Kaopuiki of Lanai
* ACTIVITIES: Hunting, spearfishing, judo, ATV off-roading
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* FUTURE PLANS: Studying marine science at the University of Hawaii at Hilo
* SPORTS LESSONS: "Things I enjoy most about being an athlete are basically making new friends and having fun, memorable moments in competition. As an athlete in high school, I have truly learned the meaning of teamwork, hard work and respect.''