BRIANNA TEMALETI KALAIALOHANANI VARGAS-HAFOKA
* Kamehameha Schools Maui / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.7
Brianna Temaleti Kalaialohanani Vargas-Hafoka
* SPORTS: Football, canoe paddling, track and field
* FAMILY: Regina Vargas of Pukalani and Ben Feig of Kihei
* ACTIVITIES: Deputation team, Na Maoli Eiwa, Teens Under Construction, Interact Club, Surfing Club, beach clean-ups, loi restoration, loko ia restoration, olelo Hawaii.
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* FUTURE PLANS: Studying Hawaiian language at University of Hawaii at either Manoa or Hilo
* SPORTS LESSONS: "Being an athlete has taught me how to work hard. In athletics, when you want something there is no easy way out --- the only way is to train hard and don't stop.''