MARK WALKER JR.
* Seabury Hall / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.1 (AP literature)
Mark Walker Jr.
* SPORTS: Volleyball, soccer
* FAMILY: Mark and Greta Walker of Kula
* ACTIVITIES: Hiking Club, activities committee, Earth Friends, surfing, Maui Food Bank volunteer
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* FUTURE PLANS: Studying education in college
* SPORTS LESSONS: "Being an athlete has taught me to both win and lose with grace and sportsmanship. Every athlete knows the taste of victory and the bitter taste of defeat. This universal sense of empathy is something that causes me to try to be the best winner and loser I can be.''