* Personal: Age 17; daughter of James R. Chapman of Waikapu and Suprema R. Ruiz of Wailuku; enjoys swimming, paddling, water polo, singing, JROTC Raiders.
* At School: National Honor Society, leadership class, JROTC Raiders, paddling, water polo.
* Off Campus: Relay for Life, Cop-on-Top, paddling, water polo.
* Beyond High School: In the short term, attend the Naval Academy. Her long-term goal is to become a Navy officer.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero is my dad! He has always been there to dust my shoulder off and push me into the next obstacle. He reminds me all the time how we're alike, we're both stubborn and hardheaded. My dad is tough as nails, but beneath his horns he is the most caring person I've ever known. He gives selflessly to the people he cares for. I'm lucky to have a father like him. With everything my family has been through, we have been so blessed. Thanks to my dad I view life from a more grateful perspective. I love ya dad!"
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.