* Maui High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 4.0 (AP U.S. history, biology, chemistry, macro economics, English literature and composition)
* SPORTS: Baseball, bowling
* FAMILY: Fred and JoAnn Oshiro of Kula
* ACTIVITIES: National Ocean Science Bowl, National Science Bowl, Key Club, Interact Club, National Honor Society, Maui High Tech Club
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* FUTURE PLANS: Attending a service academy or other four-year college to study oceanography and environmental science
* SPORTS LESSONS: "Being an athlete has given me valuable life experiences and opportunities to make new friends. I enjoy the excitement of competition and the mutual sportsmanship that everyone shares.''