* Lahainaluna High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 4.143 (AP biology, government, literature)
* SPORTS: Swimming, water polo, cross country
* FAMILY: Margo and Damon Gill of Lahaina
* ACTIVITIES: National Honor Society, Aloha Club, Interact Club, Japanese Club, surf team
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* FUTURE PLANS: Attending the University of Southern California
* SPORTS LESSONS: "Being an athlete has taught me a great deal of responsibility. It has taught me how to manage my time wisely and to always persevere, no matter what. I enjoy being able to grow and succeed in my sports and I love motivating others to become competitive athletes like myself.''