* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Edward and Marilou Cabading of Lahaina; enjoys spending time with family and friends, baby-sitting baby cousin, singing and dancing, listening to music, watching sunsets.
* At School: Associated Student Body president, Maui District Student Council Organization secretary and representative, Junior Prom co-chairperson, Junior Prom Court member, Academy of Hospitality and Tourism, National Honor Society, Japanese Club, Kokua Krew, Ka Lama Yearbook staff, freshman class president.
* Off Campus: Employed at Media Systems Inc., Lahaina Filipino Catholic Club, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards Leadership Camp, Maui marathon volunteer, Plantation Days volunteer, Maui Whale Festival volunteer, Sacred Hearts School Bazaar volunteer, Annual Rally for America volunteer, Maui Charity Walk volunteer, Stamp Out Hunger volunteer, American Cancer Society Relay for Life participant.
Emalee Jane Cabading
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend a four-year college in California and major in dentistry to become a dental hygenist and later become a dentist.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero is definitely my mom! My mom has been my backbone throughout my life. She taught me to always stay strong and to never give up no matter what situation it may be. If it wasn't for her support and being there for me, I wouldn't be the person that I am today. She always advises me to do my best in order to have a successful future. She taught me to make the right decisions in order to stay in the right direction. My mother is without a doubt the greatest influence in my life. Thanks mom!"
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.