* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Jon and Lydia Toda of Wailuku; enjoys stand-up paddle surfing, dancing hula, playing soccer and the ukulele.
* At School: Soccer, Truth Be Told Club president, Fundraising Committee, Relay For Life participant, homeless shelter volunteer, athletic trainer assistant, Philosophy Club, honor roll.
* Off Campus: Hope Youth Corps volunteer, Maui Christian Church Teen Ministry, Maui Girls Soccer Club, Polynesian dancing for halau Te Tiare Patitifa.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend a private four-year college in California to study anthropology and sports medicine.
* Who is your personal hero and why? "Although he is not perfect, my dad has always been my hero. He persistently tells me to do the right thing and sets a good example for how I should be living my life. My dad has sacrificed a lot for me and for others by serving to our needs instead of his own. He is the hardest working person I know and gives me motivation to be the same. To me, my dad is everything a father and hero should be. I love my dad for always being there when I need him."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.