* Yoga class for massage therapists. Jennifer Bonadio will teach "Yoga for Massage Therapists" from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m. Tuesdays, starting this week at the Maui School of Therapeutic Massage in Makawao. The six-week series costs $65 or $13 per class, plus tax, and is appropriate for all levels. Bring a yoga mat and wear comfortable clothes. For more information or to register, call 572-2277 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Aloha Ballroom Dance Academy classes. Rita O'Conner of the Aloha Ballroom Dance Academy will teach club salsa, East Coast swing and waltz classes from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays for three months starting Oct. 13. Cost is $50 per person; registration night is Wednesday, with a 20 percent off special discount if enrolled during that time. Open registration will be allowed throughout the course. No partner necessary; singles and couples welcome. Classes are for beginners through intermediate dancers, from teens to adults. The nonprofit academy offers the state's largest Latin and ballroom group dance class. For more information or to register, visit www.alohaballroom.com or call 879-0055.
* Acting classes. Andrea Giammattei will teach "Acting for Life," an eight-week session staring at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. The session covers the Meisner Technique approach to character monologue and scene work. For more information, call 280-0535.
* Somatic basics series. Kaiser Permanente will offer a four-part Somatic Basics series from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursdays, starting this week to Nov. 4, with the exception of Oct. 28. Cost is $32 for the series. Somatics is a series of gentle and painless movements used to re-educate your brain's control over your muscles. Once the muscles are relaxed and balanced, posture and functioning improve, flexibility returns, and you often feel more energetic. For more information or to register, call 243-6484.
* Ki-aikido introductory course. Maui Ki-Aikido will offer an introductory four-week course in ki-aikido for adults and teens from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursdays, starting this week at the dojo, 194 S. Market St., Wailuku. Cost is $40 including the manual "Ki-Aikido on Maui" and can be applied to the initiation fee if the participant joins Maui Ki-Aikido to continue training. Ki-aikido is a Japanese martial art based on Zen principals that teaches self-defense with a peaceful mind- set and calmness throughout the movement. For more information or to register, call 244-5156 or 276-6662.
* Adult/child heartsaver CPR AED class. Kaiser Wailuku Clinic is hosting a CPR AED class from 8:30 to 11:15 a.m. Friday at the clinic. Students will gain skills to perform adult and child cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use an automated external defibrillator (AED). Participants will receive an American Heart Association card valid for two years. For cost and to register, call 243-6484.
* To have your class, workshop or presentation listed, e-mail information 10 days prior to publication to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit it to The Maui News Virtual Newsroom at www.mauinews.com; mail it to The Maui News, Ahead of the Class, 100 Mahalani St., Wailuku 96793; or fax it to 242-9087. Inclusion does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News. Items will be listed on a space-permitting basis.
* Adult first-aid class. Kaiser Wailuku Clinic will also hold a first-aid class for adults from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday at the clinic. Students will learn how to handle fainting, wounds, bleeding, seizures, allergic reactions, water injuries and more. Participants will receive an American Heart Association card valid for two years. For cost and to register, call 243-6484.
* Qigong class. Certified Qigong and tai chi instructor Cory Williams will teach "Chair Qigong" from 11 a.m. to noon Thursdays, starting Oct. 14 through Oct. 28 at Kaiser Maui Lani Clinic. Cost is $15 for the series; deadline to register is Friday. The three-part series will allow participants to practice Qigong movements without strain. Simple exercises that promote benefits such as improved awareness, physical and emotional balance and general well-being will be performed while sitting. This class is geared for all adults regardless of fitness level. For more information or to register, call 243-6484.
* Fall Sufi Camp courses. The 17th annual Fall Sufi Camp from Friday to Oct. 15 at Camp Keanae will include Dances of Universal Peace, Zikr, Sufi Esoteric Teachings, meditation, Chi-Qung, Bhajans, "Spirit Dance" with Marc, "Communion of Us," and other features. Teachers are Allaudin Ottinger, Lila Flood, Murshida Leilah Be, Bodhi Be, Joyanna Cotter, Neeraja Parsons and Marc Takaha. For tuition, scholarships and more information, e-mail Jason D. Groode at email@example.com, call 270-3061, or visit www.mauisuficamps.com.
* Temple of Peace workshops. Mirabai Devi will lead "Public Darshan: Transmission of Divine Light" from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at the Temple of Peace in Haiku. Requested donation is $25. On Sunday, Oct. 11, she will teach a "Spiritual Principles Workshop" from 1 to 5 p.m. at the temple. Cost is $75, sliding scale is available. The Temple of Peace is located at 575 Haiku Road. For more information or to register, call (760) 216-1029 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.