* Maui High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.8 (AP art history, physics)
* SPORTS: Canoe paddling, water polo
* FAMILY: Kelli and Jesse Rios of Kahului
* FUTURE PLANS: Atten-ding Humboldt State University.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "I enjoy being in the water and staying active. I enjoy working hard at practice because it keeps me in shape and ready for competition. Being an athlete has taught me to encourage and support my teammates. Win or lose, it's the people you're with that make the sport fun!"
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.