56th annual Makawao Rodeo, Oskie Rice Arena, Olinda
* 9 a.m. today: The 56th annual Makawao Rodeo at Oskie Rice Arena in Olinda kicks off with qualifying rounds. Admission is free.
* 9 a.m. Friday: Qualifying rounds continue with free admission until the Bull Bash, which starts at 7 p.m. Admission to bash is $15 for adults.
Fourth of July weekend wouldn’t be the same without Upcountry’s annual paniolo and parade festivities.
* 1 p.m. Saturday: The rodeo continues with bull riding, team roping, calf roping, bronc riding, mugging and more. Live band at end of rodeo. Admission is $15 for adults, $10 for seniors and students, $5 for kids.
* 1 p.m. Sunday: Finals will decide the winners. Entry same as Saturday.
46th Annual Makawao Paniolo Parade, Makawao
* 8:45 a.m. Saturday:?Roads close. Baldwin Avenue at intersection with Kaluanui Road. Makawao Avenue at intersection with Kokomo Road. Olinda Road at intersection with Hanamu Road. Makawao Avenue at intersection with Makani Road.
* 8:45 a.m. Saturday:?The 46th annual Makawao Paniolo Parade starts with a keiki stick race from Aloha Cowboy to Casanova.
* 9 to 11 a.m.:?Parade. Park with fee at Oskie Rice Arena rodeo grounds with free shuttle to parade. Public restrooms at Eddie Tam Center; porta potties at Komoda's parking lot.
* 11 a.m.(approx.): Roads reopen.