* 4 TO 9 P.M. MONDAY: The Lahaina Town Action Committee presents the Fourth of July "Front Street Food Fair" at Campbell Park, featuring local food favorites and live entertainment. Lahaina's own band 1818 will kick off the festivities at 4 p.m.; Righteous Youth will play at 6 p.m.; and keiki hula halau Na Kamali`I Nani O Lahaina performs at 7 p.m. Admission is free. For details, www.visitlahaina.com/.
* 4:30 TO 9 P.M. MONDAY: An "Old Fashioned 4th of July Celebration" with music, activites, entertainment and food will kick off from 4:30 to 9 p.m. at Kapalua Village Center. Presented by four Kapalua Resort businesses, the event includes contests for all ages with hula hoops, sack races, balloon tosses, a mini-putt game and more. The evening will conclude with a movie under the stars. Call 665-1122 for tickets and more information.
* 8 p.m. MONDAY: The Maui Chamber of Commerce presents the 12th annual "4th of July Fireworks Celebration," a fireworks display lighting the night sky over Lahaina's roadstead, at 8 p.m. Fireworks can be viewed from charter boats in Lahaina Harbor and on land throughout Lahaina town.
Cap a barbecue or beach day with an evening of fireworks, entertainment, activites and more at these local events during your Fourth of July holiday.
* 5:30 P.M. MONDAY: The 2011 Maui Invitational Music Festival presents "Concert in the Park" on July 4 on the Lahaina Library lawn beginning at 5:30pm. The open-air celebration features musical performances followed by a fireworks extravaganza. Admission is free. The evening begins with Hawaiian jazz and popular music performed by Tarvin Makia and the Manutea Nui E dancers and the Dejavu Band. The Maui Community Band is featured and performs traditional holiday favorites and original medleys including "America the Beautiful," "Stars & Stripes Forever," and "Gershwin Medley." The celebration ends with a fireworks display. For details, call 283-3576 or visit www.aecg.org.
* 6, 6:30, 6:45, 7, 7:30 P.M. MONDAY: Pacific Whale Foundation's Fourth of July Fireworks Cruises boast unobstructed views of the fireworks and a relaxing environment, free from smoke and noise. Departure times and locations are: 6, 6:30 (alcohol-free cruise), 6:45 and 7 p.m. from Ma'alaea Harbor, and 7 and 7:30 p.m. from Lahaina Harbor. For dining and drink details, along with prices, visit www.pacificwhale.org or call 249-8811, ext. 1. Book online and save 10 percent.