* Baldwin High School Grade 12
* GPA: 3.79 (AP biology)
* SPORT: Canoe paddling, water polo, bowling
* FAMILY: Duane and Miyo Kim of Wailuku
* ACTIVITIES: Key Club, Academy of Hospitality and Tourism, volunteering at Maui Humane Society, paddling for Lae'ula O Kai
* FUTURE PLANS: Studying marine biology at the University of Hawaii
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "The thing I enjoy most about being an athlete is being with my team-mates and working together with them to reach our goal. Being an athlete has taught me how to discipline myself and manage my time."