* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Paul and Tanya Yokoyama of Pukalani; enjoys fishing, spending time with family and friends and traveling.
* At School: Interact Club president, treasurer for her class and National Honor Society, member of the Japanese Club, takes Advanced Placement courses.
* Off Campus: Attended the Secondary Student and National Student Leadership conferences.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend a West Coast university and to pursue a career in medicine or law.
* Who is your personal hero and why? " 'A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles,' said Christopher Reeve. My personal hero would be my sister, Stacy. Stacy was my best friend growing up, and I could always count on her for anything I needed. Stacy has taught me to live life to the fullest and to always do your best. I am grateful that Stacy has played an essential part of creating the person I am today."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.