* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Elezer and Marissa Calubaquib of Wailuku; loves singing, playing the guitar, reading interesting novels, traveling all over the world, working with cameras and other technological devices, listening to music, spending time to cool down at the beach and going on random adventures.
* At School: Student Council vice president, Aloha Club treasurer, National Honor Society member, diver on the school swimming and diving team.
* Off Campus: Member of the Sanctuary Maui Church and Ignyte youth group.
Danielle Manegdeg Calubaquib
* Beyond High School: Short-term goal is to further her education with a focus on journalism and to gain experience through internships and jobs; long-term goal is to travel to countries she knows nothing about to broaden her horizons.
* Who is your personal hero and why? "My parents, Elezer and Marissa Calubaquib, are my personal heroes. They may not live double lives and fly around in superhero outfits (or maybe they do?), but the mundane things they do each day to sustain my family leave me blessed to be their only daughter. They are definitely nowhere near perfect and make mistakes here and there, but I love them regardless. They support me in following my own path toward photojournalism and challenge me to step out of my comfort zone. I know I do not say it as much as they deserve, but I thank them for shaping me into who I am today. I love you, Mom and Dad!"
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.