* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Jason and Shiho You of Kahului; enjoys dance, reading, singing, watching movies and television shows with family.
* At School: Member of National Honor Society, Graduation Committee and Key and Dance clubs.
* Off Campus: Dancing and teaching at the Maui Academy of Performing Arts, taiko drumming with Zenshin Daiko and had an internship with the Governor's Liaison Office.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend a university and to continue to feed her passion for dance; would like to double major in exercise science and dance and become a physical therapist specializing in dance injuries.
* Who is your personal hero and why? "My personal hero is my younger brother, Jonathan You. He inspires me in every way to strive for my dreams. Like me, he has a passion for dance. I have watched him grow as a dancer, as he taught himself awesome moves by watching a YouTube video once. He excels in every activity that he participates in, which includes gymnastics, diving, playing taiko, ukulele and guitar; dancing and, of course, his games. I work my hardest in my interests because he inspires me to be the best I have the potential to be."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.