* Personal: Age 17; son of Joe and Miki Kapisi of Pukalani; enjoys soccer, football and spending time with friends and family.
* At School: Member of the Interact and Key clubs, Pacific and Asian Affairs Council, Distributive Education Clubs of America and National Honor Society and varsity soccer and football teams; on the Honor Roll.
* Off Campus: Member of Latter-day Saints youth group and a club soccer team and a Boy Scout.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend Brigham Young University in Utah. After a year of school, he intends to serve a two-year mission and then return to school.
* What would you do to improve education in Hawaii?
"The problem facing education in Hawaii today is a lack of drive for the goals that we, as a society, are striving for. We say that we want a better Hawaii in the future, but we are investing money in the wrong things. We are pumping money into industries that are struggling; what about creating leaders for those industries in the future? As a society, we need to take a step back, to consider what we really need and to take action to fuel those aspirations. We must invest in education, because it will build a better future for Hawaii."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.