To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit www.huinoeau.com.
** "Introduction to Adobe Photoshop" with Nathalie Nuez will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Mondays, starting this week through March 5 (no class Feb. 13). Cost is $120 ($150 nonmember), plus $10 for supplies.
** "Hands-on Lighting for Portraiture Workshop" with Aubrey Hord will be held from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday. Cost is $65 ($82 nonmember), plus $5 for supplies.
** "Painting Luminous Watercolors on Aquabord" with visiting artist Sandy Delehanty will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 29. Cost is $125 ($156 nonmember), plus $20 for supplies.
* Gardening courses. Gardening classes for the new year are being offered by the Home Gardening Support Network, including the following: "Pest Identification and Control," 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Sacred Garden, Makawao; "Pruning Made Easy," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Kihei Community Center; "Major Diseases of Vegetables," 2 to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Lahaina Civic Center. Each session is $15; sign up for three and pay $40. To register, email Anne Gachuhi at hgsn2011@gmail. com or call 446-2361. For more information and classes, visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
* Singing workshops. Isle vocalist, pianist and voice coach Louise Lambert is offering singing workshops from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays through this month in South Maui. "Sing Out Playshop!" helps participants gain range expansion, power, flexibility, confidence, learning harmony, vocal technique, breath control, ease in transition and blending. Cost is $20 per session. Space is limited. Call 205-3971 to register.
* Spiritual retreat. "The Akasha Soul Celebration: Core Rejuvenation" retreat and ceremony will take place Thursday through Sunday, Jan. 29, in Haiku. A free public event is slated from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday. Featuring healer and channel Carolyn Cobelo, the seminar will give participants the opportunity to "explore their deepest connection to the Universe and to the Earth in a unique and profoundly authentic collective spiritual journey." Tickets are $125 and can be purchased at www.HawaiiSacredJourneys.com.
* Zumba classes. Carolina De Calisto from Santiago, Chile, will teach ongoing Zumba classes for all levels and ages at 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at Kalama Heights' Garden Room in Kihei. Cost is $5 for Hawaii residents and $8 for visitors. Morning classes are available at the Grand Wailea Hotel & Spa in the aerobic room on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays; call for times and cost. For more information, call 280-1523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.