WAIKIKI - Seven Maui hotel employees came away with top honors at the 22nd annual Na Po'e Pa'ahana Awards Recognition luncheon held at the Sheraton Waikiki last month.
The annual statewide awards luncheon, sponsored by the Hawaii Hotel & Lodging Association, honors Hawaii's top hospitality industry employees in several categories. The Maui winners are listed below in their respective categories.
* Bell/Valet Person of the Year - Ronald Casallo, Westin Maui Resort & Spa, first.
* Engineering/Maintenance Person of the Year - Richard Coloso, Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa, first; Nelson Galano, Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, second.
* Food & Beverage Person of the Year - Guy Becicka, Westin Maui, first; Terry Harris, Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, second.
* Front Office Person of the Year- Michelle Aquino, Ka'anapali Beach Hotel, second.
* Manager of the Year - Brendan Tsukiyama, Westin Maui, third.
All nominees were judged on performance that goes above and beyond normal job responsibilities and outstanding and unusual service to the property, to the guests and/or to the community, according to the association.