* Personal: Age 17; daughter of David Pico and Faith Park of Hana; enjoys dancing hula, traveling, spending time with family and friends.
* At School: Class president for 10th and 12th grades; Student Government treasurer; class vice president for 9th grade; National Honor Society all four years; member of the volleyball and canoe paddling teams; on the Honor Roll.
* Off Campus: Member of Hana Church Parish, Hana Youth Center and Kipahulu 'Ohana; member and event planner for Malama Hana; employed as a housekeeper at Hana Kai Maui Resort.
Cheyenne Kamaleionalani Pico
* Beyond High School: To attend a Mainland university; has been accepted at the University of Colorado-Boulder and Colorado State University-Pueblo and is awaiting news from the University of Washington in Seattle and Oregon State University. She plans to become a pediatrician, while minoring in business administration to help in setting up her practice. She plans to return to Hawaii after becoming a doctor.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero has always been my mother. Being a single parent, she has been headstrong and supportive in everything. My mother has taught and prepared me for life. I learned the importance of values - respect, responsibility and righteousness - all of which I apply in my daily life. She taught me to be passionate about learning. She taught me that even in day-to-day tasks there are lessons to be learned about life. It is her endless love, support and encouragement that drives me to set high goals for myself and to strive to reach my utmost potential."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.