* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Neal and Giovanna Wakayama of Pukalani; enjoys playing soccer, going to the beach and spending time with family.
* At School: Member of the Key Club and National Honor Society and participated in varsity soccer, track and field and bowling; on the Honor Roll.
* Off Campus: Plays soccer with Excel Soccer Club and works at Kumon.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend the University of Hawaii-Manoa or Chaminade University and major in physical therapy or accounting. Long term, she would like to return to Maui as a physical therapist or orthopedic surgeon.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero is my sister, Megan. Being older than me and growing up together, she really has influenced me to do well in life. Always determined to do well in everything she does, she has influenced me to try my best to excel in school, at home and in my community. She also has taught me to be unafraid of taking risks if the outcome may result in achieving a dream. Although we may fight at times, I would not want anyone else to be my big sister."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.