* Baldwin High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.09
* SPORTS: Canoe paddling, football
* FAMILY: Tina Firmignac of Kihei
* ACTIVITIES: Family Career and Community Leaders of America, spearfishing, basketball, cooking
* FUTURE PLANS: Culinary studies at University of Hawaii Maui College
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "Sports has let me meet new people and gain lifetime friendships. Being a student athlete has taught me many lifetime lessons, but the most important lesson I have learned is to persevere even in a time of struggle."