* Personal: Age 17; son of Delfin and Alma Dameg of Lanai City; enjoys hunting, fishing, diving, camping, swimming and weightlifting.
* At School: Senior Class vice president; member of the cross country, paddling and volleyball teams and Letterman's Club; on the Honor Roll.
* Off Campus: Tutors kindergarteners and 1st-graders, participant in class fundraisers, Lana'i UNICEF Drive, Tri-Lanai Marathon.
* Beyond High School: Plans to study electrical installation and maintenance technology at Honolulu Community College.
* Who is your personal hero and why? "My personal heroes are my parents. They have inspired me to work hard and to never give up. They have encouraged me to do good in school and to always keep my grades up. My parents helped me grow up, telling me what's right and wrong, and teaching me things in life that I didn't know. My parents are always there for me, and they are the ones to whom I can always talk. They are wonderful parents, and I couldn't ask for more."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.