* Personal: Age 18; daughter of Randy and Marita Strong of Kihei; enjoys playing tennis, going online and to the beach, listening to music, writing stories and poetry, singing, dancing, spending time with loved ones and making people laugh.
* At School: Action team captain with the Major League Baseball Players Trust/Volunteers of America; president of Key Club and Spirit Club; member of the National Honor Society, Science, Japanese and Photography clubs, Student Ambassador, LIFE (Living in Faith Education), Peer Mediation, Maui District Student Council Organization, the Paddling team; Bowling and Tennis teams captain; Student Body representative; on the Honor Roll.
* Off Campus: St. Theresa Church Peer Ministry group leader, lector, usher and Eucharistic minister; volunteer at Big Brothers Big Sisters, Relay For Life and Stomp Out Hunger.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend a college on the Mainland, most likely the University of Utah, and pursue a doctorate in education or psychology in counseling psychology.
* Who is your personal hero and why? "My personal heroes are most definitely my parents. They are indeed the strongest people I know and have helped me through many obstacles in my life. They have taught me to never give up on my goals and to stand up for myself and my beliefs. Each day, they remind me of the importance of perseverance and determination in order to fulfill my dreams. Without them, I wouldn't be able to accomplish many tasks and goals in my life, for they are my biggest supporters. I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for them. This is my little shout-out to the both of my parents: I love you both with all my heart!"
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.